By the end of the course the participants should:
• Have acquired knowledge of the latest rules and regulations
• Have acquired knowledge of the latest developments within sensors and Position Reference Systems (PRS)
• Have acquired knowledge of the latest relevant DP incidents and why they occurred
• Be able to recognize the various alarm, warning and information messages
• Carry out operational planning, risk assessment and hazard identification tasks
• Set up the DP system for a particular task/ operation
• Decide on courses of action because of system failure
The course is conducted as classroom training, combining theoretical presentation (Show-and Tell Lessons) and practical work/discussion with exercises in simulator and guidance (Stair-Step learning design). For practical capabilities and skills, exercises are performed in full equipped DP simulator. This course will fulfil the revalidation learning objectives as specified by Nautical institute.
At present (2016), the requiremets is that the holder of a Nautical Institute (NI) DPO certificate must revalidate their DPO certificates.
The requirement is that the DPO must have at least 150 days of DP sea time experience in the previous 5 years, if not NI DPO Revalidation course is needed.
A certificate acceditated by the Nautical Institute will be issued on succcessful completion of the course.
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.
E-mail : email@example.com