With COVID-19 meaning that home working is no longer an option but a necessity for many, what are the potential side effects on our health and work performance. Employers may need to provide additional training to ensure appropriate supervision and work behaviours. These include remote technology, communication skills development, time management and ergonomics.
Maintaining health and well-being while working from home encompasses many areas, including ergonomics, preventing feelings of isolation and effectively managing stress. Studies have found that more than half of people working from home had not paid any attention to ergonomics, and 94% of them reported that neither had their employers. Almost half of remote workers have experienced work-related pains. One of the most problematic aspects of home working is the isolation and the lack of access to day-to-day informal interactions. While remote working enables greater autonomy, it also leads to higher levels of work intensity. The ‘24/7’ availability for work can result in family conflict and stress. Key areas to promote a positive work-family interface include the parental ability to cope with children and amicable resolutions of conflict about working hours, household work and personal time in the family.
The ‘Healthy Home Working’ bundle includes 3 month access to 12 online courses and over 9 hours of eLearning.
• Stress Awareness
• Working Time Limits and Fatigue Management
• Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
• Health and Safety for Home Workers (Employees)
• Medicine Awareness
• Smart Health: Sleeping – How to Ensure You Are Well-Rested & Energized
• Smart Mental Health: Managing Anger and Emotions
• Smart Mental Health: Keys to Successful Parenting
• Smart Health: Drinking Responsibly
• Smart Mental Health: Reducing Stress and Anxiety
• Smart Mental Health: Mastering Marriage
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org