The Offshore loading courses are designed to meet Equinor, OGUK and company specific requirements for training of shuttle tanker personnel. The objective is to achieve optimal skills and understanding on how to handle a shuttle tanker in DP mode. The participants will use previously acquired knowledge on manual handling and basic DP together with updated advanced DP knowledge during training on Shuttle tanker operational procedures.
The course focuses on handling Shuttle Tankers in close proximity to Floating Production Storage and Off take units (FPSO’s/FSU’s), Offshore Loading systems (OLS), Single Anchor Loading (SAL) and Direct Shuttle Loading (DSL) from various FPSO’s.
Discussions on unwanted incidents
• Contingency situation scenarios
• Gain thorough understanding of:
- The DP system’s possibilities and limitations
- Offshore Loading procedures for various fields
- Correct use of Position Reference systems
- Requirements and guidelines that applies for
- Shuttle Tanker DPO’s
All approaches to the loading buoys are carried out by using Dynamic Positioning Systems, according to procedures. Simulations also include reconstruction of known DP incidents involving shuttle tankers. The complexity of these exercises will be based on the experience of the person “in charge” on the bridge.
• Equinor Competence Requirements for Shuttle Tanker Personnel, WR 239
• OGUK Tandem Loading Guidelines Volume 1
• Teekay Competence Requirements, SP 0961
• Various operational procedures
Certification of attendance will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.
E-mail : email@example.com