Introduction to drilling technology
Course code: SDRL-001
Course type: E-learning course
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Price: NOK 950,-
This e-learning course provides the student with a brief and general introduction to the relevant exploration, drilling and production activities.
The course gives the student an insight into the different installations, types of equipment, machinery and operational methods involved in the different phases.
- What is oil and how is it identified
- Exploration and assessment of possible deposits
- Types of installations for offshore exploration, drilling, production and transport
- Types and positioning of permanent drilling equipment
- The drill string and loose handling equipment
- Well types, drilling sequences and the installation of casings
- Drilling sequences and equipment for establishing wellhead
- Drilling mud, Cementing, Completion, Production, transport and processing, Plugging and abandonment