Investigation of Undesired Events - Norwegian version
Course code: PRO-002
Course type: E-learning course
Duration: 3-5 hours
Price: NOK 3000,-
Good safety management is anchored preferably in two basic traditions: Risk-based and event-based control. Risk-based management means that efforts aimed at detecting and identifying risks before an incident occurs. This course focuses attention on event-based management, which is about to learn of events that already happened. Through a systematic approach to the investigation of an accident increases educational value of what has happened. Thus, the investigation into a key tool in efforts to put in measures to prevent future accidents.
This course presents a general approach to accident investigation, and the course will provide benefits regardless of what industry participants are coming from.
After completing the module, participants will understand what inquiry is and to the various stages of the investigation process. Participants will also learn about how the investigation is led and implemented in practice.
The participant will learn about:
- Basic principles for the investigation of incidents
- How is the relationship between risk-based and event-based control
- How the results of an investigation can best help to prevent accidents
- Completion of investigation
- The phases of a typical investigation
- Different methods used in root cause analysis
- Interview Technique
- Introduction - The investigation in relation to risk management
- Investigation Process - Establishment of the mandate - Organization of the investigation team - Collection of surface material
- Barriers - Models of causal analysis: MTO
- Models of causal analysis - Interview Technique
- Reporting - Measures and follow-up through the company's management
The course can also be offered in combination with a classroom session. Contact us for a tailormade solution for your company.