Who is the course for?
Any personnel who require an awareness of the environmental impacts associated with offshore waste and how these wastes can be managed.
Is previous experience required?
You do not require any previous experience to complete this course.
How will the course benefit me?
This course will provide you with an understanding of the types of waste generated offshore, how these wastes impact the environment and the methods that can be used to reduce and manage waste.
How will the course benefit my company?
Environmentally aware personnel can help to reduce the environmental impacts of your operations and improve environmental performance.
What standards are referenced in the course?
• The European Union (EU) Waste Framework Directive
• The International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) 1973 - Annex IV
• Merchant Shipping (Prevention of Pollution by Sewage and Garbage from Ships) Regulations
• Deposits in the Sea (Exemption) Order
• Landfill Directive
• Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations
• Special/Hazardous Waste Regulations
• The Special Waste Amendment (Scotland) Regulations
• Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations
• Radioactive Substances Act
• Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations
• Waste (England and Wales) Regulations
• Waste (Scotland) Regulations
• Controlled Waste (England and Wales) Regulations
• Zero Waste (Scotland) Regulations
Is there an assessment?
Once you have completed the course, you will be asked a series of questions to check your knowledge and understanding. These are based on the learning objectives for the course and have a pass mark of 80%.
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org