This course aims to give offshore personnel the knowledge required to understand the hazards and controls associated with noise in the workplace.
- Describe what noise-induced hearing loss is, and identify the early warning signs and symptoms to look out for
- Explain the workings of the human ear, how noise exposure causes damage, and the effects of such damage
- Explain the responsibilities and duties of employers and employees under current legislation
- Explain how noise is measured and identify the noise levels above which employers should take action to
- Explain the risk assessment requirements
- Identify the control measures that should be taken to reduce exposure to noise
- Explain the requirements for hearing protection; how to use the different methods of hearing protection and the importance of maintaining hearing protection
- Describe the common roles involved in lifting operations
- Explain the importance of health surveillance
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.