This course aims to give offshore personnel the knowledge required to understand the hazards and controls associated with working in an environment where they could potentially be exposed to H2S.
- Explain the physical properties and sources of H2S, and identify the areas on an offshore installation where you would expect to encounter H2S
- Explain the physiological effects of exposure to varying toxicity levels of H2S
- Explain the responsibilities and duties of all personnel and their duties under current legislation
- Explain the current legal occupational exposure limits for short and long term exposure periods relating to H2S
- Describe the various methods for detecting H2S
- Describe the various personal and respiratory protection equipment required for undertaking tasks in areas where H2S may be present
- Explain the hazardous area classifications which may be encountered on an offshore installation and the associated control measures required
- Explain the formal requirement for H2S contingency plans on installations
- Identify the different alarms encountered offshore and the emergency and evacuation procedures that should be followed
Do you want more information about the course, or do you want to order?
Contact us at Tel: +47 24 15 55 55 , or send us an e-mail.